The Pupil Saveetha Eco School is a reputed school in Chennai that is part of the Saveetha Group of Educational institutions. The School is looking for a highly motivated, experienced resource for the full-time role of an IB Curriculum Coordinator.
Scope of work: IB curriculum development and implementation support for grades Pre KG - 5 for The Pupil Saveetha School and The Pupil Global School.
Responsibilities and Duties
The broad responsibilities include:
- Redesigning the overall content/framework of the Program of inquiry - yearly.
- Realigning Curriculum framework - yearly; Maintaining the scope and Seq document.
- Modify the written curriculum based on teacher/student feedback.
- Share and distribute the same via the Google Site to the teachers. Ensure regular usage of the site and its hygiene.
- Identify and procure resources - Books, Games, Physical material and digital content.
- Curate field trips, guest lectures.
Implementation training, support:
- Document the taught curriculum better to capture the classroom sessions.
- Intensive Implementation workshops during April-May with the teachers for better classroom engagement and for streamlined implementation of the curriculum.
- Periodic observations of classroom sessions and interaction with the students.
- Managing a reporting system for these observation sessions.
- Support in developing assessed curriculum with the teachers.
- Facilitating benchmarking tests
- Aligning assessment with written and taught curriculum
- Spearheading the Annual IB Exhibition. Identify class-wise topics; Brainstorm on the format.
- Orient teachers on conducting exhibition; Facilitate planning of exhibition prep.
- Facilitating capture of assessment data.
- Revising template of report cards
- Providing standard templates for student feedback to teachers.
- Editing, proofing of content in report cards.
- Support in communication with Parents.
Audit and Feedback:
- Facilitate bi-annual audits. Develop a feedback framework for teachers and students for each theme.
- Capture and summarize feedback.
- Discuss feedback with school heads, and facilitate the necessary changes.
Qualifications and Skills
- UG/PG or equivalent. B-Ed mandatory.
- Min 3 years work-ex in an IB school or equivalent in senior roles: Coordinator or above.
- Min 3 years experience in developing content and working on curriculum.
- Excellent language skills.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to work well in large teams.
- Classroom experience is a must. Should have min 2 years of experience handling K-5 kids.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Should be able to interact comfortably with all the stakeholders, parents, teachers, and management.
- Great attention to detail. Ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- High levels of commitment and professionalism.
- Updated with the current trends in education, curriculum, IB program, staff training, essential elements of instruction, and supervision.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying